About the Client
Our Client is a leading life sciences player in massive parallel sequencing of DNA for meaningful data analysis and biological inference. They own around two decades of experience in bioinformatics. They are pioneers in novel bioinformatic algorithms which has shared new direction in NGS data analysis with the scientific crowd. Their advanced analytical methods aid researchers and clinicians across the globe in genomic analysis and personalized patient diagnosis.
Challenges faced by the Client
Our client’s niche being DNA sequencing and data analysis, their major challenge was to meet the HIPAA compliance requirements for the existing AWS Infrastructure and ensure continuous compliance and security along with the best practices for the public cloud.
Client’s business needs
A highly scalable, secure, and continuously compliant cloud infrastructure to host their regulated workloads was the primary need of our client. This included their development, testing and production environment to meet the security and compliance requirements on cloud.
Why 8K Miles was chosen?
8K Miles is an AWS Premier Consulting and NexGen Managed Services Partner with competencies in – Life Sciences, Healthcare, DevOps, Bigdata 8K Miles is an AWS Premier Consulting and NexGen Managed Services Partner with competencies in – Life Sciences, Healthcare, DevOps, Bigdata & Security. We have a deep expertise in consulting and implementing the technical and procedural controls required to meet the HIPAA compliance for Healthcare giants across the globe were the key reasons to choose us.
8K Miles’ Approach
8K Miles’ approach to the client needs were:
- To assess and validate the existing AWS Infrastructure / Architecture in line with the Public Cloud best practices and against security vulnerabilities
- To provide recommendations for securing their infrastructure and to make them HIPAA compliant over a defined period
- To implement the recommendations, audit the cloud infrastructure for technical controls against the HIPAA compliance requirements and to ensure that it is continuously compliant
Business Benefits obtained by the client
The following were the major benefits achieved by the client:
- Transformed the existing architecture and delivered a highly manageable, resilient and compliant cloud architecture including the secure access to the cloud from corporate office
- Enabled the cloud deployment for continuous compliance and security monitoring and management
About 8K Miles