Today’s Reality: Continuous Security & Compliance
Share This Page
The Need to shift from Incident Security to Continuous Security
Compliance through industry regulations alone cannot protect businesses from security breaches. Changes in the cloud infrastructure are rapid, so an automatic and sustainable approach to ensure cloud security must be in place.
Imagine, the first responder on your network security team receives a warning about new vulnerabilities in the environment right away and procedures on how to fix them. This is called “continuous security” which act as a resilient barrier to your agile environment.
Here are some reasons why Continuous Security is essential
- Dynamic implementation requires continuous security in the cloud
- Multiple services and configuration require continuous security
- Some systems use the cloud and therefore require centralized security
Continuous security is an ongoing process that configures and manages security controls. Regulatory standards for respective industries, prescribe recommendations for safeguarding data and improving information security management. By ensuring this, security compliance act as a “preventive security measure” for any business.
- Know your responsibility
Preparing for a compliance audit is a good job, so the idea of maintaining it permanently may seem overwhelming. Therefore, it can be comforting to see that some areas of cloud compliance are your area of responsibility.
- Configure the alerts properly
Alerts are useful as long as you can follow them. They allow you to see abnormal behaviors that require further investigation in real-time. However, if they are not properly configured or too hard, your team will end up missing issues.
- Ensure visibility
There is no easy way to ensure cloud compliance at the speed of your business progress. If a new server is simplified, more employees have access to the corporate system and more data is processed and stored. Be sure to meet the compliance requirements with visibility.
- Being incessantly compliant
Continuous cloud compliance is an achievable goal with a little preparation. As long as you know which compliance requirements you need to comply with, your warnings are adjusted and your security solutions can be measured, you can say with certainty that you meet 24/365 compliance.
How AWS support to Achieve Continuous Security
Using AWS, you benefit from AWS data centers and a network architected in such a way to protect your information, identities, applications, and devices. Of course, humans cannot check multiple builds a day in DevOps model, hence achieve continuous security and meet compliance requirements using comprehensive AWS features like automated compliance policies, fine-grained access controls, and configuration management, policy as code etc.
- First and most important is automation: Automating security tasks on AWS can help you to be more secured by reducing errors of human configuration. Choose from a variety of integrated solutions which can be utilized in a joint way to automate tasks by making it easier for your security team to maintain continuous security in DevOps environment.
- Visibility: With AWS, you control your data in terms of where it is stored, who is accessing, and what resources are utilized by the organization anytime. Advanced identity and access controls combined with real-time monitoring for security information ensures that the right person is having right access all the time.
- Traceability: Data flowing across the AWS global network is automatically encrypted at the physical layer before it leaves the secured facilities to have a version and ownership of each modification that you make.
Our SolutionsCloud Management Solutions
Cloud MFA Solution
Data lake management platform
Our ServicesCloud Consulting Services
Cloud Cost Optimization
Cloud Managed Services
Cloud DevOps Services
Cloud Engineering Services
Identity Access Management
Cloud Data Analytics