Know how 8K Miles’ Advanced Multi Factor Authentication Solution (EzMFA) Works
Share This Page
8K Miles’ EzMFA, an advanced MFA (earlier referred as Two-Factor Authentication or simply 2FA) solution, is an added layer of security aligned on top of the existing username-password credentials during the authentication phase.
Aligned with Multi Factor Authentication best practices in the industry, EzMFA implements additional layer of security for Enterprise applications and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Managed Services.
1. EzMFA for Enterprise applications
Implements MFA for organization’s Enterprise applications (in-house web applications) hosted on Cloud/On-Premise environment.
Supported Authentication Factors:
- Google Authenticator
- SMS / Email OTP
- Facial Recognition
- Security Questions
- End user registers for MFA during the first login to Enterprise applications. Optionally, it supports registration of email and mobile number after successful OTP verification.
- Organizations choose admin users’ MFA information (email and mobile) to be pre-registered or be a part of regular user flow (during first login).
- Supports updation of user’s MFA details for self; provided, the user still possesses the registered authentication factor (i.e., existing email and mobile).
- Admin privileged with the rights to override/reset the MFA details for all Enterprise users.
- Optionally, update of MFA details is enforced by providing the answers for security questions.
2. EzMFA for AWS Managed Services (AWS MFA)
Implements MFA for organization’s directory users accessing the AWS Managed Services. i.e., WorkMail, WorkSpaces, etc.
Supported Authentication Factor:
- Google Authenticator
- Apart from AWS Directory users, the EzMFA application supports additional authentication factors (SMS/Email OTP, Facial Recognition, etc.) for protecting application users.
- Supports managing of the EzMFA application users and AWS Directory users’ MFA settings from one integrated dashboard.
EzMFA – Unique offerings and benefits
On top of the usual benefits that an enterprise can get from a typical MFA solution, EzMFA additionally provides some unique offerings which stands as the primary USP of EzMFA.
- Unconditionally PII compliant
Unlike the other multi factor authentication solutions in the market, EzMFA doesn’t demand to share any PII (Personally Identifiable Information) data with EzMFA.
- Choice of Authentication Factors
EzMFA for Enterprise applications supports multiple authentication factors (Knowledge, Possession and Inherence factor). The choice of combinations of authentication factors is customizable as per the need of every organization.
- Multiple Authentication Factors Support
Enterprise EzMFA is extensible in supporting more than one authentication factor for validating the authenticity of the user in case of business-critical applications (i.e., banking application).
- Hassle Free
Enterprise EzMFA delivers a seamless one-click installation and hassle-free end user experience during MFA registration and validation phase.
- Reusable EzMFA client
Supports reusability of EzMFA client module for Enterprise EzMFA to ensure successful integration with more than one Enterprise application running simultaneously within an organization.
- Highly Secure
Service layer and client layer transactions for Enterprise EzMFA are extremely secure with the implementation of RSA asymmetric cryptography algorithm.The advanced obfuscation and unpatterned differential cryptographic techniques add a higher level of assurance in terms of security.
EzMFA for Enterprise applications – Deployment Types:
EzMFA offers multiple deployment types and an organization chooses the deployment as per their requirement.
1. Hybrid MFA-as-a-Service (Agent based model):
An agent needs to be deployed on the client application server. This agent will run the EzMFA client application and act as an intermediate gateway between the EzMFA Server and the Enterprise application. This is a recommended solution for organizations who want a secure MFA solution.
2. Complete MFA-as-a-Service (Agentless model):
A typical Service model where all the EzMFA components and infrastructure are managed within the EzMFA server.This is a recommended solution for organizations who want a hassle-free MFA solution.
Author Credits: Sadam Hussain Farmanudeen, Associate Consultant at 8K Miles, You can connect with him here for more information.