Achieving SSO integration using Screen Scraping tools
Share This Page
This week, would like to talk about another implementation we did for one of the world’s multinational computer technology corporation. Our client serves over 150 countries, with an enterprise customer list which includes more than 120 Fortune 500 companies across Asia Pacific, Middle-East, Europe, Americas and Africa and gross revenues to the tune of US$12.60 billion and growing. The main activities of our Client are providing and managing Enterprise software, Cloud computing.
The client approached 8KMiles with a specific set of requirements to work on Screen Scraping tools. 8KMiles was expected to integrate its customer’s Screen Scraping tools with high velocity of SaaS Applications per week.
8KMiles worked extensively to collaborate with its customer to:
- Establish formal Business Relationship with the customer
- Understand the customer’s business needs and requirements:
a. Configure SaaS Applications for SSO integration using Identity Access Management (IAM)
solutions hosted in the cloud
b. Complete Testing of the SaaS App integration
c. Review and Acceptance by customer
d. Setup and configure IAM conversion tools for SSO integration with SaaS Apps
e. Pre-validate and test SaaS Applications
f. SaaS Application Monitoring & Maintenance Support
- 8KMiles setup screen scraping tools (Customer’s Single Sign On tool & Identity Access Management solutions hosted in the cloud tool) in 8KMiles environment
- Used the Single Sign On tool and Identity Access Management tool to work on SSO configuration.
- After completing the configuration, 8KMiles tested the SSO integration using the predefined test cases for each SaaS App
- Provided test results of the SSO integration between Identity Access Management solutions hosted in the cloud and the SaaS App to customer.
- Run the SSO integration scheduler at the 8KMiles MISP Portal, that schedules automatic SSO integration (simulation) testing of all SaaS Apps
- Run Health Check Processes to Troubleshoot the SaaS Apps that failed in the automatic SSO integration testing
- Troubleshooting includes :
- SaaS App version changes and/or URL Changes
- SaaS App SSO integration errors
The key challenges faced by 8KMiles were:
- To integrate high velocity of SaaS Apps per week
- To do complete automation of the integration testing
Thus, 8KMiles enabled this client to attain the following business benefits:
- 8KMiles worked in Agile mode and did troubleshooting by following strict SLA thus saving customer’s time
- Established good relationship with customer’s SaaS vendors thus was able to achieve customer’s expectation and indirectly promoted customer’s Screen Scraping tools with its vendors
- Accurate Report generation
- 8KMiles used MISPTM tool to monitor the status of SaaS App to report to customer on a timely basis