8K Miles strikes the right balance between Cloud Security and Performance
Healthcare industry is one of those sectors that face major challenges when it comes to embracing Cloud transformation. Regulatory specific security and huge amounts of sensitive data are the major reasons and there is a constant need for Technology and Information heads in the Healthcare organization to maintain the right equilibrium between security and privacy yet not compromising on the IT infra budgets and performance. On this context, A Capability matured level 5 Healthcare prospect approached 8K Miles with a specific set of requirement. The prospect company were using CPSI application and had an enormous amount of rectifications that were required to be either made or migrated. The reason behind the prospect opted 8K Miles the most preferred choice of development partner because, 8K Miles is one of the State of the Art Solution providers and has an Agile team of experts who practice Scrum and are ready to take up ad-hoc requirement with 24/7 development support system.
8K Miles worked extensively to collaborate with prospect company to :
- Establish formal Business Relationship with the prospect.
- Understand the Business needs and requirements:
- User Interface : The interface involves multiple billing screens complicating navigation and unduly delays task completion
- E-mail Messaging limitation : It is not possible to send messages to more than one person.
- Compliance with HL7 requirements – Integration with other HL7 compliant systems is minimal, unable to interface with the radiologist even with a HL7 interface through a pretty basic MS SQL server database.
- Workflow Management – The workflow management does not capture many areas of healthcare thus missing out on benefits
- Interoperability – CPSI does not allow FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources Specification) compatible APIs for open access to patient data
- Security – Multi-layered approach to security is not provided for limiting employee education
- Medical Records Synch – Updated information of patients treated at different facilities is not available on the fly
- Lack of Standardized terminology, system architecture and indexing – System is inflexible and incapacitated to capture the diverse requirements of the different healthcare disciplines
- Integration Issues – Integration of the hospital EMR with the Physician office EMR in a seamless fashion is not happening
- There were too many Switches in Role Hierarchy which were not recorded properly
- 8KMiles studied the requirement systematically and came up with solutions based on Agile methodology for the above pain-points.
- User Interface – The interface involves a SSO which allows the User to provide a onetime Credential making them to Open N-Number of Application/Resources with a single click .
- 8K Miles Access Governance & Identity Management Solution allows to send multiple mails based on approvals, rejection, attestation, re-certification.
- Multi-Level approval and messaging is possible .
- Compliance with HL7 requirements:
- 8K Miles Access Governance & Identity Management Solution provides the Customer to integrate any database such as MS SQL Server. Oracle, IDM dB 2.
- We provide our Customer/Employees to integrate with various portals through an SSO – Single Sign On (e.g.) A radiologist can login to multiple portals with single credential .
- Workflow Management – The Workflow Management and Policy Compliance helps/Facilitates in capturing areas of restrictions in Health Care such as providing right access of resource to right user at right time .
- Interoperability – 8KMiles Access Governance & Identity Management Solution & SSO helps in providing fast access to FHIR related Applications .
- Security – 8K Miles Access Governance & Identity Management Solution Provides Multilevel Approval & Parallel Approval
- Medical Records Synch – 8K Miles Access Governance & Identity Management Solution will be integrated and Synced with different databases, updated information of patients treated at different facilities will be available on the fly at any point of time .
- Lack of Standardized terminology, system architecture and indexing – Highly customizable, flexible to handle any requirement based on Health Care Needs related to Identity & Access Governance.
- Integration Issues – Integration of the hospital EMR with the Physician office EMR in a seamless fashion is provided using SSO.
- Switch – 8K Miles Access Governance & Identity Management Solution helps in providing distribution of switches & roles to multiple users on a daily basis.
E-mail Messaging limitation :If you are experiencing similar problems in your healthcare business, please write to email@example.com.