6 Reasons why Genomics should move to Cloud
In the exciting, dynamic world of Genomics**, one witnesses path-breaking discoveries being made every day. On a mission to empower Pharmaceutical and Health Care industries with deeper understanding of the genome*, their activities and likelihoods of mutation, research activities in Genomics generate massive amounts of very important, significant data.
Research in Genomics
churns out solutions, which means, a vast amount of useful information,
with which identification, treatment, and prevention of numerous diseases and disorders could be realized with improved efficiency. Now, think about advanced
and molecular medicine!
This enormous range of data and information needs a system that is not just capable of handling the colossal data load but also preserve the same with
highsecurity and managed accessibility options.
- Large-scale Genome sequencing, Comparative genomics andpharmacogenomics require storage and processing of enormous volumes of data, to derive valuable insights that facilitate gene-mapping, diagnosis and drug discovery.
- The exhaustive genome database on a perpetual expansion mode simply exceeds the capacity of existing on-premise data storage facilities.
- In addition, the research-intensive domain requires managed services for user governance, access management and data encryption, which require synchronized efficiencies and compatibility with multiple systems that comply with international best practices and standard protocols.
- Cloud Architecture, empowered by scalability and elastic efficiencies, provides virtual storage spaces for the expansive genome database, with assisted migration, accessibility and security implementation in place.
- Large scale data-processing, storage, simulation and computation could be achieved on virtual laboratories on the cloud.
- Last but not the least, Cloud solutions for Genomics could be configured to fit specific research and standardized protocols requirement, rendering huge advantages, in terms of flexibility, compliance with protocols and regulatory standards, cost-savings and time efficiencies.
The leading Silicon Valley based Cloud Services firm, 8K Miles, specializes in high-performance Cloud computing solutions to Bioinformatics, Proteomics, Medical informatics and Clinical Trials for CROs, emerging as one of the top solution providers for the IT and ITIS requirement on Cloud for the Pharma, Health Care and allied Life Sciences domains.
*A Genome is the collection of the entire set of genes present in an organism.
**Genomics is the branch of science that deals with the structure, function, evolution and mapping of genomes.